Four (4) seats on the 15-member Board are open for election to a three-year term (March 2018 – 2021). Voting period open now through March 4.
Responsibilities of Board Members
The Board of Directors is the governing body of the Association and has the ultimate policy and fiscal responsibilities of the organization. The Board is elected by the membership to provide vision, leadership and oversight of the organization. Board members are volunteers, and dedicate their personal time. The FSTA is a non-profit organization and, accordingly, board members are not paid for their service.
- Ideal candidates are individuals that are motivated to propel the industry and work as a team to raise awareness for fantasy sports, protect member companies (even if they compete with your company) and provide value to member companies.
- Board members are expected to be fully engaged in the Association and attend all board meetings (including two in-person meetings held concurrently with the FSTA Winter and Summer conferences).
- Newly elected board members will start their terms immediately and attend (via teleconference) the March 8th Board call (2 p.m. ET).
- Each board member is required to be on at least one committee. In addition, newly elected board members will also likely work on Conference Committee for their first year.
Requirements for Nomination:
- Nominations are open to current FSTA members in good standing only
- One nomination per member company
- Complete the nomination form (found at bottom of this page)
- Call for Nominations: January 29 – February 14, 11:59 p.m. PST
- Voting on Nominations: February 19 – March 4, 11:59 p.m. PST
- Board of Directors Electees Notified: March 5
- Board of Directors Results Announced: March 6
- FSTA Board Meeting: March 8, 2 p.m. ET
For questions about the election process, please contact Christina McCoy, FSTA Managing Director at email@example.com.