Heading to New York City this weekend for the 2015 Fantasy Sports Trade Association Summer Conference? Even if you’re looking to pack light, here are five things you can bring to this year’s conference that will ensure a successful two days in the Big Apple and will help drive you and your company to a more successful 2015 in the fantasy sports industry:
1. Bring your business cards. Veterans and newcomers alike value the networking opportunities at the Summer Conference. As Stacie Stern of Head2Head Sports said during her interview for the 30-Day Countdown, “As much as I enjoy seeing my friends in the industry for networking, the most important piece for me is the opportunity to create new partnerships. I have the ability to meet with industry colleagues face-to-face, and that can’t be replicated anywhere else.”
2. Bring your curiosity. There’s going to be a lot of information coming at your during the Summer Conference. There will be new research, new information on legal and legislative issues, and a couple of new topics. It’s important to ask questions during the sessions, and to seek out speakers and industry leaders to get your questions answered.
3. Bring your fantasy football cheat sheet. The FSTA Summer Conference will open Monday night June 22 with the annual Experts Football draft. It’s not only an entertaining evening of fantasy football talk, it also will give you the first look at who the experts feel will be the top fantasy football players for 2015.
4. Bring your computer: Besides being a great way to take notes during the presentations, you’ll also be able to stay on top of Twitter feeds and Facebook posts during the Summer Conference. From the first pick at the draft on Monday to the last question to NBA Deputy Commissioner Mark Tatum on Tuesday, there will be a constant supply of news and insights from FSTA members and staff on social media.
5. Bring your appetite. On Monday night, the FSTA Draft Night Party will take place at the Broadway 49 Lounge at the Crowne Plaza New York, the home of the 2015 Summer Conference. On Tuesday night, the Closing Reception will be at the Playwright Celtic Pub, 732 8th Street. There also will be breakfast and lunch served on Tuesday as part of the day’s activities. They all are provided for you to network, get to know FSTA members better, and to enjoy the fun and fellowship at the heart of the FSTA, and of the Summer Conference.
The 2015 FSTA Summer Conference is June 22-23 at the Crowne Plaza Times Square Hotel in New York City. Registration for this event is still open. To register, go to www.fstaconference.com.